How to Use Dynamic VOD Hosting?
Dynamic VOD Hosting: Setup and resize VOD hosting accounts as necessary, by ordering required number of units.
You can order new units or cancel subscriptions as you wish from one month to another, to adjust resources to project requirements.
Minimum account size is 1 unit and maximum 39 units (for 5 units or higher contact us ). Also see advanced video hosting options if you need more resources or features (like RTMP for live webcam support).
Installation assistance included: Our staff can deploy and configure VideoShareVOD plugin after you point your domain to hosting name servers. Can also install WP (automated installer included).
CPanel automated transfer: Automated transfer of CPanel account from other host.
In case of different hosting type or restrictions, our staff can also suggest solutions for transferring WP site with other methods.
Clarifications for VOD Hosting Service
- To use hosting features and capabilities, project needs to be deployed on the compatible hosting account. This involves moving existing site or deploying a new WP (that can be done by our staff) on this hosting account. Solution will not run remotely on another host that does not meet the requirements.
- Hosting account can be used by pointing a domain (configuring name servers from registrar) or subdomain (configuring A records from main domain host).
SSL is issued and HTTPS is configured automatically, in less than 24h after domain/subdomain propagates to new hosting.
- Subscriptions are billed automatically until canceled and service is renewed on each charge. Subscriptions can be canceled anytime from the billing site where order was placed. Cancellation can be done from client account on billing site (BlueSnap or PayPal if using that payment method), not by site support. If you wish to terminate a subscription, make sure you cancel it before next billing date to prevent renewal.
Video Hosting Features
Regular budget web hosts don’t include necessary video tools like ffmpeg and html5 codecs. Ex: HostGator, GoDaddy.
There are multiple video hosting budget providers that advertise unlimited space and bandwidth for a few dollars.
The secret behind budget host offers is hosting hundreds of sites on a server and hidden terms and practices. In example:
- processing limitations that kill demanding processes like video conversion for bigger files (including memory, cpu, simultaneous processes)
- space limitations that apply for video / file sharing sites as exception to “unlimited space”, in hidden terms
- upload limitations that prevent users from uploading big videos
- restrictive resource limitations that slows your site as soon as it begins to have some traffic
- shared bandwidth on 10Mbps or 100 Mbps shared connection for hundreds of sites where you will not be able to use much of the “unlimited” bandwidth
- prices they list are for very long term like 3 years, so webmasters commit before being able to test on monthly basis or use for limited time projects/experiments: while tests with few users can go smoothly at beginning, when load increases site can no longer handle the large volume of traffic due to limited resources
Our main business is live video streaming software and we provide realistic hosting plans where our client sites can fully work and perform. All our plans are premium, with advanced functionality, on powerful servers and networks that host a limited number of premium sites.
Plans we provide use High Speed Networks streaming oriented infrastructure on 1000Mbps servers in high speed datacenter networks with multiple backbone connections totalling thousands of Gbps bandwidth capacity.
1000Mbps connection means 10 times more users can watch videos simultaneously than on regular 100Mbps servers, without performance and reliability issues.
Servers are located in North America and provide low latency high speed transfers worldwide. To evaluate check our live demos.
These plans provide more transfer at higher speed and better price than top video hosting providers for business.
This is a basic requirement for such video hosting solution, demanded for generating snapshots, retrieving information, converting videos to mobile formats.
Includes recent FFMPEG from SVN with basic and main codecs for portability and common web formats: x264, speex, nellymoser, theora, mp3lame, vorbis, ogg, faac, faad2, xvid, opus, x265, vp8, vp9.
Depending on video size, ffmpeg may require lost of memory or CPU time and fail on restrictive budget hosts. Resource allocation must be suitable for video conversions.
On our plans, FFMPEG is installed, configured and updated when necessary by our administrators for everything to work smoothly.
Plans include resources tested to work for regular video processing features.
CPanel is most popular web hosting management control panel to manage http, mysql, email, ftp.
We also provide Softaculous for automated installation for a wide range of scripts including Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, Elgg, Dolphin, various classifieds/support desk/gallery/forum/shopping cart scripts.
CPanel and Softaculous also involve additional costs ($45/mo + $15/mo) when setting up your own servers. With our plans these are included.
Video sites have specific requirements that demand specific server side configuration. For these plans, a server administrator is not required to setup and manage the server side configuration as this service is included.
FFMPEG is installed, configured with necessary codecs and updates as needed.
Such services usually require hundreds of dollars for setup and administration subscriptions that are not required for our plans.
Additionally, as we provide complete solutions, our developers can also assist with setting up the site and developing plugins and tools that use all hosting features.
Due to high speed and monthly transfer streaming requirements (video sites usually need to handle Tb of transfer per month), video hosting tends to be much more expensive than regular web hosting that can use budget servers/connections/networks.
With these plans you get 25% to 75% more value compared to best video hosting providers for business.
Most popular video hosting providers demand $500-$900/month for 5Tb/month transfer while you can get this value for considerable lower costs with plans below.
HTTPS: Plans come with AutoSSL, meaning a default SSL certificate is assigned to website. If you have your own certificate, the default one will only be used if yours expires.
Protection: Hosting servers include advanced firewall settings (CSF & LFD), ClamAV antivirus, ModSecurity, configured by our experienced administrators.
Compatibility: Hosting servers include latest CURL and Open SSL to meet eCommerce provider requirements.
Need a turnkey package including Live Streaming, Webcam Recording, Pay Per Minute Videochat, including live HLS/MPEG Dash delivery or more resources like a dedicated server?Pick a Turnkey Site Plan
Need more resources like a dedicated server or support for advanced features?See Advanced Video Hosting Options